In 2016, the Building Movement Project conducted a national survey on race and leadership in nonprofits. The data from that survey led to the development of the popular Race to Lead report series. This summer, the Race to Lead survey is back! By participating, survey respondents will contribute to one of the largest existing data sets on race and leadership in the nonprofit sector and will help inform the next round of Race to Lead reports. The confidential survey is open to anyone working for pay in the U.S. nonprofit sector and takes about 25 minutes to fill out. Just go to: bit.ly/RacetoLeadSurvey!
We’ve had several people reach out to us expressing interest in supporting the survey effort. Thank you! Here’s what you can do:
- Take the survey. Please go to bit.ly/RacetoLeadSurvey and complete the confidential, 25-minute survey today.
- Share the survey link and follow up. Please share the survey link, bit.ly/RacetoLeadSurvey, with your organization’s membership list, newsletter subscribers and followers on social media. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Twitter: Don’t miss this chance to MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! Take the #RacetoLeadSurvey from @BldingMovement today and let us know what it’s really like to work at your #nonprofit. bit.ly/RacetoLeadSurvey
- Facebook: The last #RacetoLeadSurvey from @BuildingMovementProject resulted in the popular #RacetoLead report series (www.racetolead.org). This summer, the #RacetoLeadSurvey is BACK! Don’t miss your chance to contribute to one of the largest existing data sets on race and leadership in the #nonprofit sector. bit.ly/RacetoLeadSurvey
- We’ve also created a Google Drive with visuals to include with your posts, a full media packet with even more ideas for sharing the survey with your network, and instructions for taking the survey itself.
- Help us to track outreach efforts. Please keep the Building Movement Project team up to date on your distribution efforts, so we can get a sense of how far the survey is reaching. Send updates on your outreach efforts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in the history of BMP’s work on race and leadership? Check out this blog post.
*Update: The 2019 Race to Lead Survey is now closed.